Sales professionals who specialize in highly specialized technological products, such as electronics and computers, are called technical sales professionals. Technical sales professionals must possess excellent interpersonal skills in order to maintain relationships with clients and new customers.
A technical salesperson promotes and sells technical products on behalf of an organization. The representative determines the customer’s needs, promotes related products, and demonstrates how the product works clearly.
- Location: Calgary, AB
- Salary: $31.25 hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: permanent employment
- start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 Vacancy
We are searching for a paid Technical Sales Representative to join our dynamic group. The specialized salesperson should have a reasonable comprehension of the parts of the items and the capacity to make sense of how they work. Your obligations will incorporate distinguishing client needs and suggesting and showing items.
To be a fruitful specialized salesman, you ought to have the option to foster a phenomenal compatibility with your current clients and source new clients. A first class specialized salesperson ought to be learned about contending items and ought to can separate specialized phrasing to non-specialized clients.
Technical Sales Representative Responsibilities:
- Establishing the technical needs of the customer and suggesting appropriate products.
- Explaining complex technical information to customers in a way that is easily understandable.
- Following up with customers and resolving any issues that may arise.
- Keeping customers informed about new technological products.
- We are compiling proposals and reports related to technical products.
- Ensuring that sales targets are consistently met.
- Reporting to management about sales made.
- Updating records of customer communications and contact information.
Technical Sales Representative Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in IT, business, or a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of sales or marketing experience.
- Technical knowledge and a comprehensive understanding of how the company products work.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to identify and follow up on leads.
- Exceptional skills in selling products and closing deals.
- Knowledge of sales promotion techniques.
- Excellent presentation skills and a professional appearance.
- A valid driver’s license and a willingness to travel extensively.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Promote sales to existing clients
- Identify and solicit potential clients
- Assess client’s needs and resources and recommend the appropriate goods or services
- Deliver sales presentations
- Estimate costs of installing and maintaining equipment or service
- Provide input into product design where goods or services must be tailored to suit client’s needs
- Consult with clients after sale to provide ongoing support
- Train customers’ staff in the operation and maintenance of equipment
- Resolve product and service related problems
- Troubleshoot technical problems related to equipment
- Supervise activities of other technical sales specialists
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.