Pipe layers are responsible for assembling and connecting pipe systems for water mains, sewers, and drains. Before the pipe is laid, these professionals inspect the ground, dig the pipe trenches, and seal the pipe joints with cement glue. Completely free trial, no card required.
- Location: Sooke, BC
- Salary: $32.00 to $37.00 hourly for 40 to 60 hours per week
- Terms of employment: permanent employment
- Day, Overtime, Early Morning
- start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Long term benefits
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for an experienced pipe layer to join our construction crew. As a pipe layer, you will be responsible for assessing the ground conditions, digging trenches, assembling pipes, and laying pipes in accordance with city ordinates. You may also be required to remove old piping systems, seal joins, and install auxiliary lines.
To ensure success as a pipe layer, you should have good working knowledge of pipe fitting techniques and excellent physical fitness. A skilled pipe layer should be able to select, place, and seal pipes quickly and efficiently without impeding the progress of the construction crew.
Pipe Layer Responsibilities:
- Measuring and configuring pipe routes.
- Gathering material and installation tools.
- Digging trenches using hand and machine trenching tools.
- Locating installed piping systems using magnetic or radio indicators.
- Removing old or broken piping systems.
- Laying pipes into trenches and applying pipe spacers.
- Checking pipe alignment and sealing pipes with cement glue.
- Installing auxiliary lines.
- Sealing exposed pipe joints and fittings.
- Filling and sealing pipe trenches.
Pipe Layer Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven work experience as a pipe layer.
- Detailed knowledge of construction and pipe fitting techniques.
- Knowledge of sewer systems, storm drains, and water mains.
- Experience with machine-operated trenching tools.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and city maps.
- Excellent physical fitness with the ability to lift heavy objects.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work outdoors in harsh weather conditions.
- Other trades certificate or diploma
2 years to less than 3 years
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Include this reference number in your application
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Job reference number
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience