I can’t open the application forms from the IRCC website – what can I do?
We get regular calls from people that are having trouble opening the immigration application form pdf for Canada from the IRCC website. People often think this is because the forms are only available to lawyers and legal practitioners, but this is not the case.
IRCC has a guide to answering this question “I can’t open my application form in PDF format. What can I do?”, but it seems that people still have a lot of issues with opening the forms.
Let us give you some easy steps on how to download immigration application forms for Canada:
- Ensure you have Adobe Acrobat Reader for your PC or Mac at least version 10 or above – the free downloadable version works.
- When you click on the form, you get the following message:
“Please wait…If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document…”
- Don’t fret! Download and save the form to your desktop.
- Then, close your Internet browser.
- Locate the form you just saved onto your desktop and double-click to open it.
- You should now see the contents of the form. If you are still getting the “Please wait…” message, you are probably not opening the form on your desktop. Close your Internet Browser, and then click on the form icon on your desktop. That will allow the form to open.
Now, could I be so bold as to have a frank conversation with you? You are about to embark on a legal process, the outcome of which will significantly affect your future and the future of your family. Opening the forms is the simplest part of this process, and there are written instructions provided by IRCC that explained how to do it. You are now planning to follow the written instructions provided by IRCC to prepare and submit your immigration application. IRCC will not give you a “Please wait….” message to inform you when you get off track in preparing your application. You will only find out that you have missed something important months down the road when your application is returned to you as incomplete or refused for being ineligible. Please, for the sake of your future, enlist the help of a professional. The cost of a good professional is always less than losing time and money on your own.
The Way Immigration exists to make your path to Canada smoother, easier and far less stressful. Contact us today to get started on your stress-free application process.